No synonyms found.
A variety of orthoclase feldspar found as tabular crystals embedded in volcanic rocks. It sometimes reflects a blue sheen along crystal planes. This phenomenon is called adularescence, and sanidine with this property is called moonstone.
*Chemical composition: Potassium aluminum silicate, KAlSi_3O_8
**Moh's Hardness: 6.0
**Specific gravity: 2.6
**Color: white, flesh, yellow, pink
**Habit: tabular. Well developed crystal faces are often highly reflective.
Voyage of the Moonstone
may refer to:
* Moonstone, a type of gemstone (see
, a novel by Wilkie Collins
, a publisher of graphic novels and comic books.
, a Marvel Comics supervillainess, also known as Meteorite
Moonstone: A Hard Day's Knight
, a 1992 computer game
Moonstone (Lone Wolf)
, the most powerful magical artifact in the
, a small hamlet near Coldwater, north of Barrie, in
* Moonstone, the name of the machine used to select numbers in the Lotto draw in the UK's
* Moonstone, one of the three keys to Atlantis in the computer game
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
* Moon Stone, an item in the
video games and anime; with it the pokémon Clefairy can evolve to Clefable
, an episode in The Outer Limits
* Moonstone - a novel from Sri Lankan writer daya dissanayake, published by Sarasavi Publishers, Colombo 2006
This article is licensed under the
GNU Free Documentation License. It uses material from the Wiktionary article "sanidine" . It uses material from the Wikipedia article "Moonstone" .